September 11, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA CULTURAL CENTER & MARKETPLACE
ANNOUNCES FALL BRUNCH SCHEDULE, PARTNERSHIPS WITH LOCAL BUSINESSES
ABINGDON, VA – Today, the Southwest Virginia Cultural Center & Marketplace announced their Fall lineup of Sunday Brunches, which includes a partnership with local caterers and restaurants. The brunches, held every Sunday from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM during the months of September through December, will showcase local businesses and products from around the 19 county, four city footprint of Southwest Virginia.
The Cultural Center reopened in March of this year with a refreshed look and renewed focus on telling the culturally authentic story of Southwest Virginia to residents and visitors alike. The SWVA Cafe & Mountain Brew Bar, located inside the Cultural Center, will play host to these regional businesses. The renewed emphasis of the SWVA Cafe refocuses the attention on assisting local business. Open daily, the SWVA Cafe & Mountain Brew Bar sources 90% of products from Southwest Virginia and retails a wide selection of regionally made products, wines and beers.
Stop by for brunch from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM on Sundays or daily from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. The full schedule of Sunday Brunches is as follows:
- September 15 – White Birch Food & Juice – Abingdon
- September 22 – White Birch Food & Juice – Abingdon
- September 29 – White Birch Food & Juice – Abingdon
- October 6 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
- October 13 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
- October 20 – Big Daddy’s To Go – Meadowview
- October 27 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
- November 3 – Your Grate Escape – Tazewell
- November 10 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
- November 17 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
- November 24 – Chef Charles Parker – Abingdon
- December 8 – Four Seasons Catering and Bakery – Marion
The SWVA Cultural Center & Marketplace also showcases and sells the work of regional artisans, luthiers and musicians and interprets Southwest Virginia’s history, heritage, outdoor recreation and scenic beauty via stories and first-person narratives to inspire travel to other parts of the region.
Stop by and sit a spell, purchase local art, craft and food to support Southwest Virginia businesses and artisans!
For more information, please contact Jenna Wagner with Friends of Southwest Virginia (276-492-2400 ext. 2422). For more information and to stay up-to-date, subscribe to the Friends of Southwest Virginia Partner Newsletter and “Like” Friends of Southwest Virginia on Facebook.
About Southwest Virginia:
Tucked in the mountains of Southwest Virginia is a vibrant culture of music, craft and stunning natural beauty. It’s a region of spectacular views and rich natural resources. Time spent in the region adds up to something much more than a simple getaway. A different side of Virginia. And a great place to visit for a week’s vacation – or to make a home for a lifetime. Authentic. Distinctive. Alive.
About the Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation and Friends of Southwest Virginia:
The Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation is the coordinating body for cultural heritage tourism and economic development efforts fostering Southwest Virginia’s creative economy. Through a supporting non-profit, the Friends of Southwest Virginia, the combined entities help localities, businesses, individuals, artists, nonprofits and entrepreneurs mobilize and succeed.
A multifaceted plan identifies the cultural and natural assets of the region; coordinates initiatives, organizations and venues engaged in cultural and natural heritage toward more efficient operations for all partner organizations; and develops a comprehensive strategy and capital improvements plan to maximize the impact of state investments in this significant restructuring effort.
Key initiatives include:
- Branding and marketing Southwest Virginia to the world as a distinct culture and destination
- Developing and sustaining the Southwest Virginia Cultural Center & Marketplace
- Expanding outdoor recreation development initiatives and marketing throughout the region
- Planning and implementation of downtown revitalization throughout the region to instill a high quality of life within our communities and promote them to the world for a broad spectrum of economic development opportunities
Learn More About the Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation and Friends of Southwest Virginia
Follow the Southwest Virginia Cultural Center & Marketplace